Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Grateful

It's amazing what you don't know about people. I have a co-worker/friend that I have worked with now for 4-5 years, and she was telling me about how her father lost his leg. He was a bus driver for like a Greyhound bus in Mexico when a semi carrying logs tried to pass him going up a hill. The semi realized that another bus was coming and swerved into her dad's bus, causing them to roll. She was telling me how people died, and her father was critically injured as well. Then she told me how at that time, in Mexico, people would pay money to get out of things. The semi truck did just this to the policeman, bribing him to say that it was my friends, dad's fault. Her dad was sent to the jail infirmity to heal, but was in jail for 6 months. She told me that at that time, her oldest brother was 4, she was 2, and they had just had a baby. Others that survived the crash fought and told what really happened, and an investigation was done. In the meantime, my friends dad's leg was broken in so many parts. They had to amputate pretty much the whole leg. At the end of our conversation, and after sharing how grateful she is to God for her dad living, she said to me that they didn't have everything they wanted growing up, but that they had everything they needed. Her dad is her hero.

That struck a cord inside of me today. What really matters most to me? My family. I think of each of them individually and to me, they are my hero's. Each one of them. My parents, siblings, and nieces/nephews. We may not have everything we want, but we have each other, and that is all I need! I love my family!

2 comments:

According to Addy said...

Missi, I have tears in my eyes reading how my dad's story touch a cord in you... I love you my Missi! Thanks for being just the way you are.

KidsPartyFavors said...

I got touched reading your story, it has been a hurtful experience for you. I love ladybug too.