Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jane Eyre


My cousin (Kim) came over the other night and brought with her Jane Eyre (the 2006 version). That was my favorite version yet, because it was almost 4 hours long, and you get a real feel for the characters, etc. I thought Georgie Henley (young Jane) did a fantastic job! She has such a sweet innocence about her which she brings to the character of Jane. I always feel so bad for Jane. But that is why I love her. She had such a horrible childhood, but she didn't let that get her down. She became a confident, smart, loving person. They did a fantastic job casting Ruth Wilson (Jane). We all commented on how both she and Georgie Henley look so much alike, you would have thought it was Georgie all grown up. Ruth's performance was superb. She wasn't as personality-less as I have seen in other versions. I liked when she would smile and tease with Mr. Rochester.... showing a tiny bit of her emotions. Toby Stephens (Edward Rochester) did a fantastic job. He grows on you. All the characters do. Poor man! He has finally found the woman of his dreams, and cannot have it because of a cruel trick. I will not say more, I don't want to spoil this movie for those who have never seen any versions of Jane Eyre. Something I felt about Rochester though... he is quite the manipulator! He is not the most romantic character ever written, but considering his past, why should he be? All in all, this is a great movie. I'd recommend it to everyone! ;o)

3 comments:

Jason and Tricia said...

Can't wait to watch it with you!

MissiMay said...

You are going to love it Trish!

Lady Parks said...

Oh.... hahahaha, never mind! I'm glad you said you liked it!!