Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grandma Therapy

So, every Wednesday night for the past six years (for me anyway), my cute cousin Stacey and I spend the evening with Grandma. We have had SO many fun times, special times, and very touching moments with her. Therefore, we titled it "Grandma Therapy". She listens to us tell our adventures of the past week, and then she gives comfort or advice to us. Then we help her get ready for bed, beginning with "Phase 1" as Grandma calls it! It is very fun to help her, I especially love washing her face, combing her hair, and putting lotion on her feet (she has cute feet). But before I go on I must say that without Stacey, Grandma Therapy would not be complete! I have really enjoyed coming to know her better, and she has become a very bright light in my life. Both women have influenced me more than I can say. I want to start writing funny things, or just moments that have touched me.

Last night, while waiting for a VERY slow nurses aid to help grandma, she sang, "Here we sit like birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness....." At which point my cousin and I were laughing! It was very cute and funny.....and very appropriate!

The next thing is something that happened with just Stacey and Grandma (Stacey also goes every Sunday night to be with Grandma). Stacey shows up Sunday night and Grandma was watching 'Perry Mason', well, a Mr. Burger was called to the stand.....
Grandma: " I wonder if his first name is ham?"
Stacey: "Why do you say that?"
Grandma: "You know, hamburger!"
Now, this may seem silly, but it got both Stacey and I laughing!! Grandma's sense of humor is so adorable! She is so funny!

Well, in posts to come, I am going to share how cute and funny she is, and how dear she is to me. I hope you enjoy getting to know these two amazing women that I love!

3 comments:

Jason and Tricia said...

So cute. Your grandma is a wonderful lady. We love her so much! It is neat that you can spend time with her every week.

THE BAISDEN FAMILY said...

Hi Missi!
It sounds like you have a wonderful grandma! And how fun for you and your cousin! I'm anxious to hear more fun stories from "GRANDMA THEREPY". I bet we all could learn a lesson or two from her.
I'm so happy that you are doing well. Thanks for being a blogger so I can hear of all your happenings. It's so exciting to me! I just love blogs! Such a great way to keep in touch with everyone. So, happy blogging to ya and keep those posts comin'!!!
love ya,
Shasta

Bonnie said...

Hey there! I saw your blog on Robyn's. How are you?! BTW this is Bonnie (Ellis)