Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Curtain Creation





Okay, this was NOT a Pinterest idea. This is my idea... though I am sure other people have done this before. I wish I would have taken pictures of this step by step, but that did not occur to me until AFTER I saw how cute it turned out.

I bought this bathroom set at Target a long time ago. I would buy one thing every month to go into my bathroom (which helped me not overspend money that I didn't have, but wished I had...). I desperately want to remodel my bathroom, since it is over 25 years old, but with the budget I have, that isn't going to happen anytime soon. So I am slowly remodeling it myself. I hung up my shower curtain and put out the accessories that I bought with it. Of course they don't sell any window curtains, so I began "the search" for the perfect curtains that would compliment my cute shower curtain and set. I couldn't find ANYTHING that matched. I only bought one large towel, and instead of using this towel to dry myself off, I decided to make it my curtains. TAH-DAH!! I cut the towel in half (long ways) and sewed the pieces back, which took all of 10 minutes. Then I measured my window and folded the towel down to make a cute ruffle at the top. I bought shower hooks (pretty cheap) that were silver and matched other things in my bathroom. I figured out spacing for the hooks (which took all of 2 minutes) and sniped holes into the towel (3 holes per hook). And there you have it... my cute curtains! ;o)

1 comment:

Jason and Tricia said...

That is such a cute idea! I can't believe I haven't seen it in person yet! I'll have to be sure to look next time I'm at your house. :)