Monday, January 24, 2011

My Calling

What a tender mercy I had today from the Lord. I have had a rough day yesterday and today with my calling. Nothing to do with my sisters, but to do with how I am doing as a President. I have felt the love that the Lord has for all of His daughters, particularly for those in Hooper. My heart aches when sisters leave our Ward, whether it is because they are getting married or just feel like the Singles Ward isn't right for them right now. We have a sister getting married this Saturday that I have truly loved getting to know. I am going to miss her greatly. She is a jewel! I am grateful for our friendship, I know it's eternal. My heart is heavy for those Sisters who struggle, whatever their situation is. I wish that I could reach out and give each of them a huge hug from the Lord. Why am I having a rough day you ask? My heart is heavy with concern for my dear Sisters that have significant troubles they are facing right now. I feel like (on the Stake level) I am doing everything wrong, when in my heart I know what I am doing is right with my calling. My mom and I had a great talk last night about things. She was great to help me see things in a different light. I love my parents!! I had not talked to my Dad though, and was wanting to talk to him about my experience yesterday. I knew he was teaching school and too busy to talk at that moment. So, I was praying in my car on the way to work thinking about Sisters and experiences I have had, and my heart sobbed. I started to cry and who should call at that very moment but my Dad! I had a great talk with him and told him how the Lord showed me a tender mercy today by prompting him to call me. How many tender mercies do I overlook in a day?! I feel much better, and not only did I have a good talk with my Dad, I had an excellent talk with my Father in Heaven. He has blessed me with comfort and let me feel of His individual love for me. What a great day! ;o)

No comments: