Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Stolen Car

I have had many wonderful people ask me how I am, what happened, etc. I thought I would post the story here. Before I go on, thank you all for your Facebook comments, prayers, phone calls, texts, etc. I really love my friends!

I parked my car on the street outside my work (State Agency) at 8:45a. That was the last time I saw it. I worked a good day, busy, but good. As I was walking outside to get in my car to go to my 5:30p class, it wasn't there. At first I thought it was some kind of joke. But as I walked the parking lot at my work my car was no where to be found. Ok, I don't know how many have experienced this before, but walking out to get into your car and not finding it was a pretty sickening feeling. I mean, I was in a state of literal shock for about 4 hours. Then it hit me when I was home. Really hit. Back to the story though, after walking around making sure it wasn't put anywhere else, I went into the security guard and explained that my car was stolen. I asked if they could rewind the security tapes and they explained that the tapes do not cover the road. YUP! So, he called 911 for me and gave them my information. They told him that they would contact me, which they did. Now, I just have to wait to see if it shows up.

Here is the thing. My school books were in the car, along with my parking pass for school. My car had, ready for this, sit down, it had approximately 326,000 miles on it. Yup, she was a trooper! I had my 72 hour kit in there, and then my CD's. I don't really care about the things that can be replaced (CD's, 72 hour kit, etc.), but I do care about my school books, especially because I have a test next week in one of my classes. I care about my car. It was my Babe.

I know that everything happens for a reason. I don't blame Our Heavenly Father for this. Everyone has free agency. Some make good choices, others make really bad ones. I am grateful I was not in the car, I am grateful my car wasn't someone I love dearly. I truly am fine, it's just crappy timing! Thank you all again for thoughtful words, prayers, and for caring! I heart my friends.
;o)

3 comments:

Derk, Heather, and Girls said...

Missy you have a great attitude! I hope they can find your books at least. I know those will be expensive to replace.
The same thing happened to my brother when his wife was in the hospital on bed rest about to deliver a preemie.
People are stupid sometimes! I wish I had a car you could borrow. We do have an old truck if you get that desperate you are welcome to it!

Jason and Tricia said...

:'( Such a huge disappointment! It just makes you sick that some people out there are so horrible. So sorry...

Kaija said...

I still can't believe it. How did you get home? I hope it turns up. Seriously, midday, someone stole it. Can this world be any scarier! So glad no one was hurt :) Chin up that they find it my Missi!