Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tender Moment


So, last night I had a tender moment. My mom and I were watching my nephews and niece while their parents went to a play. Abbey adores me, but not as much as I simply adore her. She can get me to just about anything for her. And leaving her is the hardest thing for me to do. Last night, we were getting ready for bed, and I told her that we need to read, say our prayers, and sing some songs before bed. This news brightened her little face. She proceeded to grab 5-6 books from her closet and made me read them all to her. Then she had to read them to her brother, Parker. I could just watch her for hours! We went in her room and laid on her bed (yup, I can still fit!). Here comes the tender moment. Picture both of us laying down, her under the covers, and our faces inches away from one another. Then she started singing (which isn't quiet mind you) "I Am a Child of God." She looked into my eyes and sang to the top of her lungs. Her breath blew across my face, and tears flowed from my eyes as I watched this precious daughter of God sing about her birthright. Very touching! Then she cracked me up by entertaining me with one of her made up songs. It was something about Our Savior and how she didn't want to read a book or take a bath. My tears of being touched turned quickly into tears of laughter. Thanks Abbey for that tender moment! ;o)

2 comments:

Jason and Tricia said...

Awwwwwwwww! You just gave me tears too! She is a sweet little thing, and she sure loves her aunt Missi.

Derk, Heather, and Girls said...

Beautiful!!!