Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!! Here is my annual Christmas letter that I sent out....enjoy!
Love,
Missi


December 2008

Merry Christmas!!

WOW! What a year! I honestly cannot believe how quickly 2008 has gone. I feel like I just sent Christmas cards out yesterday. This has been a terrific year, full of ups and downs, decisions, and laughter. And through it all, I have come to know that the Lord truly wants us to be happy. It’s just up to us to decide!

Work is going great! I really like my job, because I actually know what I am doing (or at least I pretend to know). I am the secretary for 14 people, which literally keeps me on my toes. The Governor just made most State agencies move to a four 10 hour work week. This has been a bittersweet experience for me. I basically don’t have much of a life during the first part of the week… but boy do I love my Friday’s!! I try to ride the train to work when I can to save money. That has been a pretty cool thing. I can sleep, read, work, talk, and not have to worry about traffic! It’s great!

School is good; I am still maintaining my 4.0 GPA. I really liked my Writing class this last semester. The teacher let us pick topics to write about, which helps, because then I can write about something I have passion in, or something that interests me. Next class will be American Civilization… Woohoo!

This year I moved my records over to a student Ward at the University. I absolutely love it. Not that I didn’t like my home ward in Hooper, but it’s nice to be around people who are in the same boat as I am in many ways. I have grown leaps and bounds in the Gospel. I truly love this Church!! I love how it builds and strengthens my relationship with Our Father and Our Savior.

One of my projects this year was laying flagstone around our fire pit outside. That was a lot of work, but very therapeutic for me. I also had a lovely garden this year. I am just going to refer you to my online blog: http://missimayobx.blogspot.com/ .Check it out to see what I have been up to! And there are pictures and music to go with it!

My family is doing great! I went camping again this year with Dad and Sharon to their “spot”, and I can honestly say that it too now holds a very dear place in my heart! We had a lovely time (as always)! Mom is so cute! She always is there to help everyone and anyone. What an inspiration she is to me. Jason and Tricia are building behind us. Their home is beautiful. Jason is doing most (if not all) of it himself. He is such a hard worker! They have three kids that are all so cute! I love being an Aunt. Dan is still teaching Junior High kids English. He is so smart. Now I know where the brains in the family went to! His daughter Austyn is so adorable. She is totally a dancing girl! What a joy my family is to me. And how could I leave out my baby, Pouncer! We are two peas in a pod. I truly have been blessed!

Again, I hope you are doing wonderful, and that you too have had many experiences this year. I hope that they have all brought you closer to the Lord, and I hope that you find joy in all you do. What an amazing year, I look forward to more years to come! Merry Christmas, and May the Lord bless you in all you do!


All My Love,
Missi

3 comments:

Jason and Tricia said...

Yay! Merry Christmas!

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

Merry Christmas Missi!

Holly said...

Fun read! I hope you had a great Christmas Missi!