Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How I want to be remembered....

This post may seem weird....but I was thinking of the kind of person I want to be remembered as.

I want to be remembered as someone who people could count on.

Someone who was full of joy, and pretty optimistic... in short... Pollyanna!

I want to be remembered as the Aunt that was loving (like a "second mother") who was willing to take the time for those she loved.

I want to be remembered as the sister that accepted and encouraged.

I want to be remembered as a daughter that respected and deeply cared about her parents. For I truly do!

I want to be remembered as someone who loved to laugh!

I want to be remembered as a true disciple of Jesus Christ.. one that others could feel His love through....

I guess that is all for now... more will come in time.

What do you want to be remembered as?

6 comments:

Jewelsp said...

Missy!
I happen to think that you are pretty amazing! I have to say "ditto" to your list of things to be remembered for. They are worthwhile goals for any person.
Can I just say how much I look up to you? You just glow. Seriously. the first time I met you, you just glowed with happiness and the Spirit. Love ya tons!

Julie Petersen

P.S. I also have a blog...although it hasn't been updated recently. :)

Kaija said...

UM you are ALL those things Missy! Time to make new goals, for those ones are already accomplished! I agree with Julie...You truly do shine!

Kaija said...

I apologize for spelling your name with a Y! Now I know better!

Trish said...

Hey I'm happy to find your blog! This is great! We missed you at the Christmas party. But I saw Dan and met his girlfriend. Hey I met an old friend of yours from Hooper who lives down here in San Antonio now. (Well I'm not sure how friendly ya'll were but, anyways...) Her name is Nicole Vogue. Of course I don't know her maiden name but her blog is on my blog list so check it out!

Jason and Tricia said...

Well, I truely think that you are one amazing chick! ;o) I am so grateful for you and for your influence in my family's life. You are a wonderful sister, and let's face it, you make one AWESOME Aunt! The kids just adore you. We all love you Missi!

Kristy said...

Sister Leak!!
This is Sister Kulicke! I found your blog off of Lindy's (Thulin). So fun to read your blog, sounds like you are busy and happy, I'm so glad. I hope it's ok if I read your blog from time to time, and you are totally welcome to check mine out at www.happybabyrebecca.blogspot.com
I'm doing great, I live in Idaho Falls with my husband - he just started back to college yesterday at BYU Idaho. We have an 18 month old daughter, she keeps me busy. She's adorable and fun. That's pretty much all that's going on here.
I'm so happy you have a blog! By the way, I love Twilight too!