Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birthday and things....



So, I turn the big 29 today. I thought I would be depressed or something... you know... getting closer to 30 and all... but I am actually feeling great! Something that has been on my mind a lot this morning (well a couple of things), is that 29 years ago this morning I was saying goodbye to my Heavenly family. To think that 29 years ago from this moment I saw them and remembered them, and I felt their love for me. I wonder if our goodbyes were like those on this earthly life? I am sure we embraced... for Our Father and Mother knew what I was going to experience here, and they knew I loved them. What of that of my family in Heaven? I mean, Our Savior would have been there, prophets from the past... even some ancestors. Hey, even some of my family now was there (Tricia, and my nieces and nephews). I wonder what our goodbyes were like.

On a different note... 29 years ago my mom and dad were in the hospital looking forward to my debut! I left one realm full of love, and entered into this one with the same love waiting for me. My parents have been supportive of me my whole life... in everything I do. I cannot imagine my life without them, or without my brothers... though at times I wished they would join the circus! ;o) No really, my family has been everything to me.

I have experienced many things in this life. Some I thought would never happen to me, some I expected would play out. Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing about my life. Each moment has been a growing experience for me. Have I always been positive? No! Most of the time I complain to the Lord about those events, and ask the question, "why?" But many times I feel him comfort me, and everything is ok! I am grateful for my relationship with Them. They truly strengthen me, as do those of my earthly family. "The Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord..." Happy Birthday to me, the day I received my physical body to progress and become like Them. ;o)

5 comments:

Chase and Lacie said...

Missi it's Lacie (Thompson) Nielsen I had nothing to do at work so I was looking at blogs and came across yours. You are so cute and its good to see you. By the way Happy Birthday hope you have a great day!!!

Jason and Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Missi! Your post was so cute. I just love you! I am thankful for you and I know our little family wouldn't be complete without YOU!

benandnatty said...

Happy Birthday Missi! I actually was thinking of you on your b-day wondering if you were out having a Party! I hope you had a great day!
-Nat

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Darling!!! What good thoughts you wrote here...I hope you had a great day!

Holly said...

Missi - What a beautiful post! I do hope you had a great birthday! You are an amazing lady and you deserve it!!!