Monday, December 21, 2009

My 2009 Christmas Letter

December 2009

Merry Christmas!!

What a year 2008 has been… I mean 2009!! Geesh time just goes right on by! This year has been pretty good for me. I just wish time could slow down just a little. I guess that is why we are told to enjoy every minute of everyday.

This year I had some really fun/hard classes. I took American History for the first part of the year. It was actually only an 8 week class. Yup, I learned all about America in just 8 weeks….. haha! Just kidding! I But I did learn a lot about our country and how it SHOULD be today. Unfortunately we are far from what our founding fathers had in mind for us. Anyway, I really loved the class. Then I took the summer off and started back up in the fall. I had 2 classes this last semester, which were Astronomy and Personal Finance. Both of my teachers were quite different. I didn’t really understand their method of teaching, but I somehow managed to make it through. Astronomy was great! I already have a fascination with our universe; it was exciting to learn more about it. One thing I didn’t like about the class was that scientists/astronomers take God out of the picture, when in all reality it is because of Him that we have so many magnificent things to ponder and study. My testimony of His Divinity was strengthened through this class. For my personal Finance class I realized how much money you need, and how much money I just don’t have!! (haha)

I still work for the Utah Department of Health. I’ve been here for 7 years now. We are still working four 10 hour days, which can be rough for me … since I live an hour away from home. I like having Friday off though; it’s nice to have 2 days to get things done at home.

My family is doing great! This year my cousin Stacey went camping with my Dad and Sharon (and myself). It was fun! There is something about being in the mountains that sooths my soul. I love it!

Mom just had her knee replaced last week. The surgery went well, and she is doing wonderful. I am so proud of her for FINALLY doing this. Hopefully in a few months she will feel the same way.

Jason and Tricia moved into their new house behind us in March. It has been an adjustment in some ways for me, but I absolutely love having them close by. Their kids are growing so fast. Payton is 7, Parker is 5, and Little miss Abbey is 2. I love getting my hugs and kisses from them. They are so dear to my heart.

Dan and Austyn are doing great. Austyn is quite the little dancer. She can do back-flips and all sorts of gymnastics. She is super smart and has a sweet and loving heart. Dan is working on his masters and still teaching English at a Junior High.

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful 2009 as well. It’s sad to see it end, but I am looking forward to this next year. I pray that it brings you joy, happiness, and strength to endure your trials. Find joy in your journey! That is what it’s all about! Happy Holidays!

All My Love,

Missi

2 comments:

Jason and Tricia said...

Boy, you sure have had a busy year huh. But it has been another great one! We love you and look forward to all the many years to come!

Jason and Tricia said...

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE your blog background! It looks so cute! ;o)