Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Play's and Such...

Ok, so last night mom and I went to a play at the Hale Theater.... I loved it. It's a musical by Maury Yeston called 'Phantom'. I am such a weirdo when it comes to this story, because I am a die-hard fan of the book. I did enjoy this play though! I wish I could make a movie of this book (the book by Gaston Leroux). That is one thing that ticks me off about the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.... it's wrong. I mean... I understand that there is only so much you can do for the stage.... but.... the book is 10 times better! More intense...more mystical... just better! How I hate Erik, and yet love him at the same time... I always felt that Christine is a wishy-washy child! And Roule, don't even get me started!! I can't stand him. But there is something that draws me to re-read it.... I just love it!
;O)

1 comment:

Jason and Tricia said...

You know, I've never read the book. Sounds like I'll have to give it a try! ;o)