Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beat It!!

Last night, mom and I picked beats and topped them. I was sad to see them go, but I guess that we are coming up on that time of the year when you are able to reap the harvest of your labors. We have really been blessed with TONS of yummy veggies. I am still offering Zucchini's for free!! We didn't have very many beats... which is ok.... I was surprised they even came up this year! We hope to get a half dozen bottles out of them. YUM!
After we picked the beats, I decided to weed my carrots and re-build the row (that is how I like to weed.... just tear it all up, and then rebuild it later!!) I knew I was pushing it with time, meaning, it was getting close to my bedtime, but I couldn't pull
myself away! We picked our first tomato, and loads of Zucchini's, along with some squash and peppers. I love this time of the Gardening Year!
To back up a little... I have to go to bed around 9:00 PM, because I have to get up at 4:00 AM. Technically, I should be going to bed by 8:00 PM, because I need ALL the beauty sleep I can get! Why, you ask?! Because our Governor has forced us to work four 10 hour days! That is grand and all, for those who don't want any kind of life during the week. I get home around 7:30 PM, and you'd be surprised how fast an hour and a half goes!! At least it
gives me an excuse to not date... that I can thank the Gov'nah for!!
I went camping with Dad and Sharon this past week... I will save the spill for another post... when I can show my pictures!! They are being developed as we speak! I have to just say this... It was incredible! Just what I needed! More to come....
Oh, I wanted to post this picture of this animal. As I was coming in last night, I saw this ... thing... licking the flowers. It was really neat. Pictures just don't do it justice. It reminded me of a humming bird (fast wings) mixed with a butterfly.... maybe that is all it is... a "hummfly"?!?!
Well, happy trails!

1 comment:

Jason and Tricia said...

Woah, what the heck is that thing? Weird! And by the way, I love your music on your playlist! "Missi's Song" is a good choice for #1! Love ya!